The Vittel Olympic Preparation Center is a temple of high performance sport, inaugurated in 1972 to prepare the French team for the Munich Olympic Games.
The Pierre de Coubertin Sports Hall offers one hectare of covered sports facilities:
- an indoor athletics stadium
- a multisport zone
- a 50-metre competitive pool
- a 25-metre pool with spa (Jacuzzi, hammam, sauna, relaxing space)
- fitness room
- weight room
- Fecing hall (renovated in 2010) with 6 fencing pistes
Naturally, the Olympic Center also benefitsfrom very large outside sports facilities:
- 8 tennis courts (4 quick, 2 synthetic hard-packed surfaces, 2 indoors hard surfaces)
- 1 outside athletics stadium
- 1 golf course (9 holes)
- multiple outside playing fields (football, rugby…)
ACCOMODATION & MEALS
Situated near to a natural Forest, the Olympic Center welcomes mainly national teams preparing for main sports events. As an example, the center welcomes the French Fencing team at the beginning of the sport season, in order to prepare for the World Championships which take place during October and November.
The center benefits from comfortable rooms with bathroom and private toilets. Rooms are well equipped with a television set as well as WIFI access.
There are also playrooms, lecture halls and video rooms.